Hi all. Hope you guys had a great weekend! Mine was really busy but I found some time to make these yummy drunken gummy bears! Vodka gummies seem to be the new ‘fun’ thing to make for parties and so I tested them out using the most basic recipe I could find. I was overwhelmed when searching for recipes because it seems that everyone does something a little different with their gummies. Some people soak them for a full week, others add fruit juice to the concoction and others were just really long and complicated. Naturally I went with the easiest one I found and was very happy with the results. Do not waste your time soaking these bears for days like some people do, it isn't necessary at all and it will turn them into slime. I soaked mine for 2 days and they were perfectly plump and potent! I could imagine these tasting amazing with flavoured vodka but I just used regular absolut vodka, next time I may try raspberry vodka.
A few key tips for these gummies:
- Do not use weird no-name gummies! Make sure they are good quality gummies you can find at a bulk barn or at a candy store. They should be soft!
- Use decent quality vodka or flavoured vodka for a more fruity flavour.
- Stir stir stir. These guys stuck together so I made sure to stir them up 3 times a day. This will also help to distribute the vodka.
- Refrigerate! Many people just leave their container of gummies on the counter and while there is nothing wrong with that, I find that the chilled gummies are easier to eat and are much more refreshing. Put it this way…who the hell likes a warm shot of any liquor? Chilled all the way please!
These gummies are really fun for any party and are a hit with the young and older folks too, plus gummies aren't that high in calories either so enjoy!!
Easy Vodka Gummy Bears
- 1 container of gummy bears (500 gm)
- 1 375 ml bottle of vodka
Empty the gummy bears in a tupperware container big enough to hold
both the gummies and liquid.
Pour the vodka over the gummies until they are completely covered. Do not use the whole bottle if you don’t have to, the gummies just need to be covered… not drowning in the vodka.
Cover tupperware with a tight lid and place in your fridge. Keep the gummies in the fridge for 2 days and stir them around 2 to 3 times a day if they are sticking together. By the second day there might not even be any liquid left but you can still keep them chilled in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them.
Your little bears should be plump and full of vodka! These are highly addictive and some bears are more potent tasting than others. Your guests will thoroughly enjoy!