Apple Cardamom Muffins - VeganTuesday, April 23, 2013
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup raw cane sugar or white sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup soy milk (almond milk would prob be fine too)
lemon zest from 1 lemon
2. Stir the flour, baking powder, salt, flax seed, and cardamom together in a bowl; set aside.
3. Mix well the oil, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, milk, and lemon zest.
4. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just incorporated. Divide the dough into the prepared muffin cups.
5. Place two to three apple slices on top of each muffins.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 to 25 minutes (keep an eye on these, the original recipe said 35 mins but mine were finished MUCH sooner)