Moroccan Sweet Potato, Carrot and Chickpea SoupThursday, March 14, 2013
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring often for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in coriander, cumin and chilli powder. Cook stirring for about a minute.
- Add sweet potato and carrots. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas to soup and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until chickpeas are tender.
- Remove soup from heat and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Return to stove over medium-low heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Heat, stirring, until hot (do not boil).
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds!