Crofter's Organic + Giveaway + RecipeMonday, February 11, 2013
Happy Monday Everyone! I am so sleepy from staying up late and watching The Grammy’s. Thankfully I have a large cup of coffee and I'm nibbling on these delicious
PB & Jam Thumbprint cookies I made over the weekend using Crofter’s Organic Spread’s.
- 1 stick and 3 tbsp of butter, softened
- 2/3 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 jar of your favourite Crofter’s spread
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar until combined and smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and mix well until combined.
- Roll dough into small balls and flatten out onto a greased baking sheet. If the mixture is too crumbly just add a bit more butter and roll the dough into your hands to warm it up. Press your thumb into the centre of each flattened cookie and fill it with the jam.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are starting to brown. Let cool on a wire rack as you prepare the peanut butter/oil mixture.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat peanut butter for 15 seconds or until melted. Add in the olive oil and stir.
- Drizzle the warm peanut butter over the cookies using the edge of a knife or fork.