Hello Monday!!! A tiring work week ahead but everything will be okay because I have a big batch of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Seed Cookies to keep me company! I made these healthy cookies over the weekend and now I can’t stop snacking on them.
These cookies oddly enough taste better the second day. The first day I found them to be a bit dry but after sitting in a tupperware overnight these cookies have gotten a bit moist and now they just taste incredible! They are perfect to snack on at anytime of the day and go really well with a big glass of milk. They are packed with protein, fibre and omega and are sweetened with coconut sugar instead of refined white sugar. What’s great about coconut sugar is that it’s naturally low on the glycemic index so these cookies won’t stress out your blood-sugar levels.
I am also happy to say that this was my first recipe using gluten-free flour, yay. I was scared that it was going to fail miserably because the cookies weren't spreading out while in the oven, but I guess I just realized that whatever shape you form them into they will stay like that and cook! That’s why these cookies look like balls instead of a flat cookie, but who cares right? Once they taste amazing and have healthy goodness inside that’s all that matters! I found the original recipe over at yummymummykitchen and modified it only slightly. I can’t stress how great these cookies are, especially if you’re a peanut butter lover like me! Happy Baking!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chia Seed Cookies
(makes about 24 small cookies)
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup quinoa flour
1 ½ tbsp chia seeds
½ cup coconut palm sugar
¾ cup organic creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar and eggs until creamy. Add in the peanut butter, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually stir in the oat mixture to combine well and then add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the cookie sheet and shape the dough into balls using your hands.
- Bake cookies for about 12 minutes and let cook on a wire rack. Enjoy!