Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts plus Giveaway.Friday, January 18, 2013
- Hemp contains all 10 essential amino acids and is vegan friendly! It’s also easy to digest as hemp easily assimilates into your body.
- Hemp is a rich and balanced source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 including the rare form of GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid). GLA has been shown to help maintain heart health, healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels and aid in hormonal balance. The essential fatty acids (EFAs) in hemp are both short and long chain making for a broader spectrum and working together to ensure your body has an effective metabolism.
- Chlorophyll and Vitamin E.
- Important B vitamins.
- Folic acid (important for women who are trying or may become pregnant)
- Phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and calcium, which are involved in energy metabolism, protein and bone synthesis.*
Basically I was sold after reading how incredibly nutritious these little seeds are. I was also relieved that there was no unpleasant taste to them as it always seems too good to be true when you find a super healthy food product that doesn't taste like crap (like greens+, blech!). I have become addicted to hemp hearts and my salad's, smoothies, and yogurt feel naked if I forget to sprinkle a few tablespoons over them.
a Rafflecopter giveaway