What are hemp hearts?
Hemp hearts are the shelled seeds of the hemp plant. These seeds have a mild nutty flavour and per 30g serving, Manitoba Hemp Hearts contain 10g of easy to digest protein, 10g of omegas – and many more minerals.
Why Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts?
Manitoba Harvest partners direct with hemp farmers to source the raw, non-genetically modified hemp seed. The pre-screened farmers deliver direct to Manitoba Harvest’s facility, creating a closed-loop sourcing system. Products are made fresh in-house at Manitoba Harvest’s state-of-the-art kosher and organic certified* facility. Manitoba Harvest also goes through voluntary audits and certifications to ensure we lead the market in quality assurance.
How to use Hemp Hearts?
Hemp Hearts can be sprinkled on cereal, yogurt, salad, mixed in with granola, smoothies, or just eat them right out of the bag. You can also incorporate hemp hearts in a number of recipes found here.
What are the Health Benefits associated with Hemp Hearts?
- Hemp contains all 10 essential amino acids and is vegan friendly! It’s also easy to digest as hemp easily assimilates into your body.
- Hemp is a rich and balanced source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 including the rare form of GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid). GLA has been shown to help maintain heart health, healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels and aid in hormonal balance. The essential fatty acids (EFAs) in hemp are both short and long chain making for a broader spectrum and working together to ensure your body has an effective metabolism.
- Chlorophyll and Vitamin E.
- Important B vitamins.
- Folic acid (important for women who are trying or may become pregnant)
- Phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and calcium, which are involved in energy metabolism, protein and bone synthesis.*
Basically I was sold after reading how incredibly nutritious these little seeds are. I was also relieved that there was no unpleasant taste to them as it always seems too good to be true when you find a super healthy food product that doesn't taste like crap (like greens+, blech!). I have become addicted to hemp hearts and my salad's, smoothies, and yogurt feel naked if I forget to sprinkle a few tablespoons over them.
You can buy Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts directly from their website at http://manitobaharvest.com/category/13/Hemp-Hearts.html#trail
Or you can purchase them here as well:
The nice folks over at Manitoba Harvest are offering one bag of their hemp heart’s to one lucky winner that resides in North America. Just enter below through rafflecopter for your chance to win. This is a really great product folks; you will be hooked once you try it!
a Rafflecopter giveaway