Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
- 2 leeks, rinsed and sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed/sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute
- Add the squash, carrots and spices, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the veggies are softened.
- Take pot off the heat and blend with an immersion blender or work in small batches with a regular blender. Puree until smooth.
- Return pot to heat and stir in the honey. Simmer for another 2 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway in the post below!
Contest ends next Thursday, good luck!