Apricot and Cranberry Granola.Sunday, January 27, 2013
granola? I know I do! Especially when it’s homemade! I usually don't make my own granola and instead buy the bland/dry grocery store brand's. I mainly use it to sprinkle over my yogurt or just eat it right out of the box as a snack. After trying this recipe out and tasting the fresh flavour's of dried fruits and cinnamon, this granola kick's any store brand off the shelves! I can literally eat this granola right out of the bag as a snack, but adding it to plain or vanilla Greek yogurt almost makes it into a dessert rather than my breakfast! Its so crunchy and tasty and will last for over a week stored in an airtight container. Yay for fresh granola goodness!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried apricot, chopped into small pieces
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ¾ dried cranberries
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ stick of butter
- ¼ cup honey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon or whisk.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and honey until melted and combined. Do not bring to a boil.
- Pour the butter/honey mixture over the oats and mix until coated well.
- Spread oats over parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Wait until the oats are completely cooled before storing in an airtight container.