Nutella Cupcakes.Thursday, December 27, 2012
Happy end of Boxing Day everyone! How was your shopping?
Buy anything interesting? I did my shopping online today and only purchased an immersion
blender and some make up brushes. I was
looking for a new laptop but none of the deals were enticing. I also need a new winter jacket so I’m hoping there are still decent
sales on tomorrow.
I have my eye on a beautiful North Face parka but finding it in store
will be a nightmare *sigh* The money spending never ends!
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola or mild vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup Nutella, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325F. In a medium bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Warm up the nutella in a microwavable bowl for 10 to 15 seconds. This will help the nutella to drop onto the cupcakes better. Drop a spoonful of nutella on top of each, and swirl through the batter with the tip of a bamboo skewer or knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
adapted from oneordinaryday