A delicious, healthy and easy pesto chicken pasta recipe!
Pesto and Rapini Chicken Pasta
1/2 package of brown rice spaghetti (or whole wheat)
1 chicken breast sliced in half and cut into bite size pieces
4 tbsp maison le grand garden pesto
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of frozen or fresh rapini (chopped)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Boil pasta according to package directions (for brown rice pasta cook until al dente, do not overcook or the pasta will it get mushy and stick together)
2. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat
4. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute
5. Add rapini and cook for 3 minutes until the rapini starts to get soft
6. Check on pasta and drain, keep in pot
7. Add the chicken to the rapini, and sprinkle red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
8. Cook chicken for about 6 minutes or until juices run clear
9. Remove from heat and add the cooked pasta and pesto sauce. Toss until combined evenly.
10. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.